- 1/2 an Avocado chopped in cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon of butter
- Chop the avocado in cubes. Whisk the eggs season with pepper.
- Heat 1/2 Tablespoon of butter in a 10 inch nonstick skillet on medium high heat, until the butter stops foaming. Pour whisked eggs into the skillet. You should hear it sizzle gently. Swirl the eggs around the pan. As the eggs set on the bottom, gently push them towards the center of the pan and swirl the pan so the liquid eggs will flow to the sides. Keep pushing the set eggs toward the center and swirling the pan, until most of the liquid eggs are dispersed evenly over the surface of the omelet. This is a very quick process and shouldn’t take long at all.
- When the bottom of the omelet sets but the top is still runny, add the chopped avocado to the center of the omelet.
- Using a small, very thin spatula, fold the first side over the middle of the omelet. Fold the other side over the middle also, to make a beautifully neat omelet. There are many, many ways of folding an omelet, but this is one of the simplest that anyone can master.
- Garnish with herbs. Serve immediately. With avocado, my favorite spice blend is Johnny’s Seafood Seasoning. But really the sky’s the limit on spices and/or herbs.